Snacking Without Processed Food | For Kids & Adults

September 04, 2016

We all know how easy it is to grab a bag of chips or a few boxed cookies for snacking. Simple and quick. However, since we've starting trying to eliminate processed food from our diet, I've had to get creative with our snacking!

I'm definitely not a chef, so many of the things I cook up are just recipes I've found from scouring Pinterest! I try really hard not to feed my baby processed foods too, so that's definitely a big motivator for me. I guess what I'm trying to say is: all of these recipes are definitely kid-approved!
(photo credit: The Minimalist Baker)

These are sweetened naturally with dates + banana, and perfect for that sweet tooth you may have! I also feel more comfortable feeding these to my baby since there isn't any refined sugar in them! With only five ingredients, there's no way it can take that long!

Toddlers are bound to eat anything that's themed. If you have a fabulous rainbow tray with every single color, you can have a mini-lesson and snacking session all in one! Plus, you're getting lots of benefits from those fresh fruits too!

3. Nibble tray idea (seriously cutest thing ever)
If you offer/have a little bit of everything, you won't have any desire for the processed stuff!

Perfect for the hot months, and your kiddos will have NO clue. You can probably trick yourself into thinking the fruit popsicles are a real sweet if you try hard enough!

From humms and sliced up bell peppers to the traditional nut butter and raisins, 'ants on a log' is a totally classic snack! It's simple to make, non-processed, and most importantly - it's good for you!

I need to share my recipe (picture below) that I adapted from the one I linked above! Homemade granola bars are soft, chewy, and freeze wonderfully! There truly is nothing like a homemade granola bar. You'll never go back to the store bought stuff!

xo. L

6 comments:

  1. Such great ideas! I turn to pintrest myself. I can always find such great ideas!
    ​xoxo
    Sarah Lindner
    www.thehouseofsequins.com​

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some awesome ideas for healthy snacking, love it!
    - Jessica
    Miss Moore Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the hardest part of healthy eating for me! Snacking seems to take the most thought and effort for some reason. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great options. But with nut allergies, I have a lot of trouble with so many clean eating snacks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...